PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to use scripts with WICD?

tonyshangrila
April 12th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Sorry for what seems like a ridiculous question--

I've recently uninstalled network-manager and switched over to WICD instead. Since then, the two samba shares that I have always mounted w/ a couple entries in fstab no longer automatically mount. After booting, I have to do a 'sudo mount -a' and it's back to business.

Through the reading I've done today, I discovered that it's possible to run a script after the network connects, and I found a little snippet of code via some searching to do just that.

There doesn't seem to be any guidance on HOW to make WICD run a script, though. If I use the GUI and click the Scripts button on my default network, I type in the path to the script, but I don't have any idea if that's how it works, and even if it is, it doesn't seem to be saved there when I click OK.

Am I just making this a lot more complex than it should be? I don't know if I *HAVE TO* use a script to get these shares to mount or what. Any help, advice, or guidance to a forum where I might find an answer is appreciated...

tonyshangrila
April 12th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Took a while for me to dig up a WICD support forum, but in case other people find this thread, here is a link to similar problem; sounds like it's a bug:
http://wicd.net/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=331