PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu cannot find my network (but loads of others)

April 11th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Hi all,

I just installed Ubuntu running alongside XP on my laptop. Everything works like a charm, except that Ubuntu finds all kinds of wireless networks in my neighborhood (and lets me connect to the unsecured ones), except mine.

I use a Sitecom wl-174 with the latest firmware. Windows XP as well as my iPhone have no problem finding the wireless network. Also, a wired connection is no problem.

Would anyone know what is up?

Thanx in advance!

April 12th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Well, never mind. This morning after a bunch of updates, the network was there.

atmu5fear
April 12th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I have the same problem kind of... My network is listed and I can connect, but my signal strength is ridiculously weak, and my connection always drops, but I can see all kinds of other networks in my neighbourhood, and all of them are nearly full strength signals... My router is literally 10 feet from my computer. I can run a cord, but for esthetics i don't want to

April 13th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I have the same problem kind of... My network is listed and I can connect, but my signal strength is ridiculously weak, and my connection always drops, but I can see all kinds of other networks in my neighbourhood, and all of them are nearly full strength signals... My router is literally 10 feet from my computer. I can run a cord, but for esthetics i don't want to

Have you tried changing the broadcast channel of the router? I now recall doing that as well, which may have solved my problem. I changed to channel 1.