PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have suffered from post burn out

Omnios
January 4th, 2006, 05:48 AM
K plugging away for 3 days now and im starting to suffer from burn out which means I need a break from posting.

This leads me to wonder how many of you have suffered from posting burn out and your experiences. Ive known people who have stoped using there computers for a long periods time because of burn out. And oh ya my wrist hurts lol.

briancurtin
January 4th, 2006, 06:12 AM
i posted on this one site for 3 years and when i left my post per day average was 58 i think. it was completely different than this; it was a board about music with a lot of people i knew and bands i knew, but i never felt burned out from posting that much. id post 150 times a day sometimes, just talking about music and other nonsense.

now that im done with that site (moved on/got banned, but am still on good terms with the creator), i do tend to get burned out from other sites if i spend too much time on them. i just found this site a few weeks ago, and i move around between this one and 3 other message boards i read about baseball (umpiring in particular) as well as slashdot. mixing it up while online keeps me into the flow of the boards, rather than sitting around reading the same threads when its slow. i never had that problem with my previous board, it was jumping all the time.

poofyhairguy
January 4th, 2006, 06:14 AM
As you can guess from my post count, I have burned out more than once.

Its good to take breaks now and then...

23meg
January 4th, 2006, 06:16 AM
I've once taken a six week break from this site. But just once.. other than that I've been firing away non-stop since I joined.

G-Mon
January 4th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Not me--but that's mostly because I don't post much to begin with. :p

Rinzwind
January 4th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Not me--but that's mostly because I don't post much to begin with. :p

What a way to start your postcount :D

Oh and I joined a hardware forum in holland once and reached over 300 posts a day (posts worth posting and not chit-chat). Never burned out until they made me admin :X

codejunkie
January 4th, 2006, 09:03 AM
been there once, and i took a month off, and im getting there again maybe i'll break out my guitar and start playing more instead of sitting in front of the computer.