PDA

View Full Version : Dingoo, an $85 multi-console handheld emulator

Warpnow
April 10th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Dude, I'm totally getting one of these. NES/SNES/Genesis/Gameboy/Gameboy Advance/Capcom.

I've got torrents running with the roms right now. This is exactly what I've been looking for for years.

Here its being sold by DealExtreme, which is like a cheap retail outlet for chinese goods, haha. (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20217~r.25546113)

Seriously. I've been dreaming about a device like this for years. The GP2x was so expensive...

There are a fair few videos of this thing in action on youtube.

Peasantoid
April 10th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Isn't that illegal...?

Meh, screw the law! :)

Mehall
April 10th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Not in and of itself. You can legally make yourself a ROM of any game you own, and the emulator technology is fine. I think even using ROMs you made yourself on an emu is fine, it's only really the torrenting thats illegal.

Warpnow
April 10th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Not in and of itself. You can legally make yourself a ROM of any game you own, and the emulator technology is fine. I think even using ROMs you made yourself on an emu is fine, it's only really the torrenting thats illegal.

Exactly.

Also helps to remember US copyright law is not universal.

blithen
April 10th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Isn't that illegal...?

Meh, screw the law! :)

Like many have said, making an ROM of a game you own is fine, also making the emulator to play said ROMs is also fine, downloading the games you don't own is illegal. Why it is, is beyond me though. No one buys S/NES/Neogeo etc. games anymore anyway...

Michael.Godawski
April 10th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Thread Closed.

Please do not advertise for dowloading torrents of ROMs since the legal nature of these is not 100% sure.