PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't install (Error Pages)

jayo159
April 10th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Alright, I'm pretty new to computer technicalities and I just installed my first memory sticks today, so I'm pretty lame.

But either way, I've made two ubuntu 8.10 Image discs and neither have worked. With both they'd go to the main page with the options of Install or Try and everything, and I chose install the first time for both. For the first one, It had a quick error page, then went to "Loading, please wait..." and I waited. It went through a ton of system process sort of things and then it was all errors. This happened when I hit the try part also.

The second disc was quite similar, it went through the same page quickly, and said error a lot, then went to the Loading screen, for about 10 minutes, then went to the process screen I mentioned, there were no errors and ended on "ended Tracking" or whatever, and it never went any further.

Whats wrong, is it my computer or the discs I'm making or what?

Thanks

sqadeer
April 10th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Is there an UBUNTU 10 ?

jayo159
April 10th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Sorry. My 8 and . button didn't work.

cariboo
April 10th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Boot from the Livecd and use the verify cd option from the menu. It may be that you burned the disk at to high a speed.

I used to get a lot of erros when I burned the iso at to fast a speed. I now burn at 4X and don't have any problems.

Jim

jayo159
April 10th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I have been using the program InfraRecorder and haven't been able to change the disc speed. Is this possible with this program?