PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu & Microsoft

Feelin_froggy8877
April 10th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Why is it I cannot access files on my windows disk while logged into Ubuntu? Ubuntu is installed inside windows (ntfs) Not really a big deal...got a workaround for it, just curious.

Didius Falco
April 10th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Why is it I cannot access files on my windows disk while logged into Ubuntu? Ubuntu is installed inside windows (ntfs) Not really a big deal...got a workaround for it, just curious.

Here is a web page with documentation on Wubi:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide

It should answer most of your questions, including how to access files on your Windows partition. What's the work-around you are currently using?

computermacgyver
April 10th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Within Wubi, the windows partition is in a special location because (as you note) it is part of the same partition that Ubuntu is on.

Look in /host/ and you should see all your windows files.

Feelin_froggy8877
April 10th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Well I have a seperate large hdd that I store all files I want access from either os. possibly used (workaround) a bit lightly there.

Feelin_froggy8877
April 10th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Ha! (Host), for some reason I think the folder name should have been a clue for me ;-). Just never though to open... thanx

Ubuntu! Lovin it!!!

computermacgyver
April 10th, 2009, 07:00 AM
No problem. Welcome to the Ubuntu Community--we're glad you're here. Please post here anytime you have questions no matter how silly they seem. :-)

Feelin_froggy8877
April 10th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Happy to be here, and thanx again.