PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installer Hangup

Rasch_
April 10th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I'm installing Ubuntu 8.10 and it seems the installer has gotten stuck. The default background has shown up and a window with Install at the top has appeared but other than the title bar everything else in the window is grey. I let it sit for about 30 minutes now and nothing has happened. My question is should I let it wait longer or just restart the installation?

Update:

The CD seems to be reading again although the Install window hasen't changed and is still grey a right click menu opened (roughly 20 minutes now after I clicked the button)

Partyboi2
April 10th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Does your machine meet the requirements to install ubuntu? Did the md5sum match after you downloaded and did you check the cd (one of the options at the menu screen)

Yvan300
April 10th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Well you could try the try ubuntu option and then install ubuntu from there, you can download and try the alternate cd, you can install ubuntu through wubi or you could just wait for jaunty to be released, the developers may have most likely fixed your problem.

FrankT-Qc
April 10th, 2009, 02:21 AM
If the liveCD runs... you could try installing with the Alternate Install CD ... And like Partyboi2 said... have you checked !!! I have seen quite a few Debian installs stall when minimum reqs were not met...