PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] looking for my printer on my network

bernvalentine
April 9th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I have just installed Ubuntu on an old laptop for my grandchildren. As a newbie to Ubuntu I am struggling to wireless connect with my printer attached to the desktop running Windows XP Home. The wireless connection is working Mozilla Firefox and Evolution Emails OK. I am following a copy of " Ubuntu Guide for Windows Users: connecting to shared Printers on Windows Computers." Iv'e checked the share name, and an IP Address. Under 'Setup Printer in Ubuntu' step 1 and 2 have been done. At this point I should be seeing 'step 1 of 3 Printer Connection' Screen offering choice of local or Network printer and details for Host Printer Username and password etc. What I actually get is a page headed New Printer, which is asking for details I do not understand. Where am I going wrong? Help please.

tlois
April 10th, 2009, 12:12 AM
ok. open printer under admin menu. then add new printer. it will search and open a little page. then click the arrow next to network printer. then click on windows via samba. it will look for your printer.