PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrading from lsb 3.1 to 3.2 for Gutenprint dependancy

MentalOxide
April 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I recently purchased an Epson Sylus Office t33 printer. At OpenPrinting.org (http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_Office_T33) I found new Gutenprint.deb files for it, one for gutenprint 5.0.1 for lsb 3.1 and one gutenprint 5.2.2 lsb 3.2. I used the one for lsb 3.1 and it installed fine, but unfortunately it didn't include the driver for my printer. However in checking the release notes, i noticed that Gutenprint 5.2.2 does have the driver for my printer. So i tried the deb file, but it said that 'the dependancy was not satisfiable: lsb.' So I decided I needed to upgrade my lsb, so i found a deb file of that and clicked it and it seemed to install, however, when i try gutenprint 5.2.deb it I get the same dependancy issue.

So, my request is:
How can I upgrade my lsb successfully (deb files preferably, my success with tar's are next to zero).

Is there someway of getting around the lsb 3.2 upgrade issue and just get the ppd file for my printer?

ps. I'm running Ubuntu 7.10

Thanks in advance.