PDA

View Full Version : conspiracy?

mamamia88
April 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM
i just came up with this idea today. do you think microsoft intentionaly made vista so bad so that it would drive up xp sales for people wanting to get rid of vista that was preinstalled on their pc? it's brilliant if true they get twice the sales

NightwishFan
April 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM
One flaw.. Everyone already uses Xp... (Well most people, especially companies).

I think they miscalculated their strangle hold on the business market is all.

Besides Vista is way better than Xp even if you can not use Aero.

swoll1980
April 9th, 2009, 06:56 PM
*heads for the bunker*

mamamia88
April 9th, 2009, 06:57 PM
all i know is my lapop came with it about 6 months after vista release. this laptop should have probably shipped with xp but microsoft has minimum standards for xp to be installed. you couldn't even pay me to reinstall vista on this pc

Twitch6000
April 9th, 2009, 07:00 PM
all i know is my lapop came with it about 6 months after vista release. this laptop should have probably shipped with xp but microsoft has minimum standards for xp to be installed. you couldn't even pay me to reinstall vista on this pc

I understand what you are saying,but this was a true mess up by Microsoft.

It is not the first time and surely will not be the last.

If you look back at the first windows 98 release and windows ME those were two other failures they had...

That caused mac to gain marketshare and Linux to start being seen.

NightwishFan
April 9th, 2009, 07:01 PM
It is a funny thought if it were true.

Well personally I am going to only buy machines that use Linux or no OS. Like I said, Microsoft likely just did not see the potential rejection of Vista.

*Pulls out of bunker*

juancarlospaco
April 9th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Vista Sucks, and Microsoft know that,
i see Microsoft employees (sales people, technicians) using Mac or XP.

No one trusth Vista on Business.

speedwell68
April 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
i just came up with this idea today. do you think microsoft intentionaly made vista so bad so that it would drive up xp sales for people wanting to get rid of vista that was preinstalled on their pc? it's brilliant if true they get twice the sales

Then why would they waste millions of $$$ developing Vista in the first place? If they wanted everyone to use XP they would have just continued to develop XP and still get the sales.

LowSky
April 9th, 2009, 07:56 PM
This isn't like Coca-Cola releasing New Coke or Pepsi with Pepsi Clear. Microsoft is still making mony on Vista. the reason is becuase its the de-facto choice. People voiced the same opinion of XP when it came out, but because it was a promary OS for 8 years people became complacent. Linux and Apple have had opertunities to gain market share but No company selling Linux has made a universally accepted choice were a decent market of people would want it on their machines at a point of sale, and Apple wont release their OS to other PC makers. So we are left with only having Windows as a choice for most PC sales.

jeyaganesh
April 9th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I think they released Vista prematurely. It should be Windows7 after XP not Vista. It is common in business. Have you notice Nikon and Canon release cameras one after another to dominate the market. In such a hurried competition they might make mistake in production.

Microsoft dumped everything improperly in a package and sell as Vista. Now they are arranging properly and going to release as Windows7. :lolflag:

jespdj
April 9th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Absolutely not, Microsoft wanted to get rid of Windows XP, but they decided to keep it on longer because people unexpectedly were not so happy about Vista, and also because Microsoft didn't see the netbooks storming the market (which are not powerful enough to run Vista comfortably).

Your conspiracy theory is absolutely not based on reality.

jeyaganesh
April 9th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Apple gained some more profit from outside of its fanboys due to failure of Vista. :popcorn: It is also good time for linux to gain more shares.

wolfyking2
April 9th, 2009, 09:05 PM
might be goin' a little off topic...but has anyone noticed the interface of windows vista looks a little like Ubuntus, except a little shinier? (and without all the brown :D)

Eisenwinter
April 9th, 2009, 09:11 PM
might be goin' a little off topic...but has anyone noticed the interface of windows vista looks a little like Ubuntus, except a little shinier? (and without all the brown :D)
no. it looks nothing like it. please, stop beating the dead horse, this has been said a million and one times.

inobe
April 9th, 2009, 09:15 PM
the conspiracy has nothing to do with xp' it's vista's hardware requirements !

more hardware was purchased within those few years then any time in history, everything from pc's and laptops with vista pre installed, no one seen this coming, some were forced to upgrade ram and hard drives after their purchase, many built their own machines..

a big scam to say the least, now 7 is here and many will install that on systems with overkill hardware or folks will by slower machine with 7 pre installed :lol:

now they taken vista's kernel and removed the bloat, so basically its a trimmed down vista called windows 7, but same kernel, they will sport that kernel for another decade lols.

Paqman
April 10th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Nope. Microsoft are quite capable of releasing a turkey without it being a conspiracy. Remember Windows ME?

billgoldberg
April 10th, 2009, 02:20 PM

No.

It gave a great blow to their image.

Vista is now a far better OS than XP, but it's name still has a negative connotation because of the bad original release and bad press coverage.