PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HellaNZB 502-Authentication Error

fzfowler
April 9th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hello,

I am running Ubuntu 8.10 and hellanzb-0.13-3ubuntu1.

One possible problem was I first tried installing hellanzb from tar.gz from the site. I tried to get rid of everything and installed my current version through Synaptic but it still hasnt solved these problems.

I enabled logging and this string of errors continually repeats:

2009-04-09 03:46:29,903 newsdemon[0] CONNECTION MADE
2009-04-09 03:46:30,059 newsdemon[0] MODE READER successful
2009-04-09 03:46:30,219 newsdemon[0] AUTHINFO failed: 502 Authentication Failed
2009-04-09 03:46:30,220 newsdemon[0] CONNECTION LOST

I know that someone is going to say that I have typed my username and password into the hellanzb.conf but I have checked and double checked all the information. The info works on my windows machine running NewsLeecher and I installed Klibido and the username, password and server settings worked.

I have tried all the ports that my server provides, have tried several different nzbs, I am at the point where I am probably going to try to use NewsLeecher in wine.

Below is the defineServer part of my hellanzb.conf file, any help is greatly appreciated.

defineServer(id = 'newsdemon',
hosts = [ 'us-secure.newsdemon.com:80' ],
#hosts = [ 'us-secure.newsdemon.com:563', 'useast.newsdemon.com:119' ],

username = '******',
password = '******',
#username = None, # no auth
#password = None,

connections = 1,
antiIdle = 4.5 * 60, # 4 minutes, 30 seconds, 0 to disable
#bindTo = '204.31.33.7', # connect FROM this ip address
#enabled = False, # disable this server
#skipGroupCmd = False, # skip sending nntp GROUP commands
#fillserver = 0, # defaults to 0 (a main server).
# fillservers must have values > 0
# (priority)
ssl = True
)

cb951303
April 9th, 2009, 12:56 PM
can you try with lottanzb (http://www.lottanzb.org/) too (it uses hellenzb as a backend)
but first delete the .hellanzb directory in home.

fzfowler
April 9th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I tried installing LottaNZB but I am having the same problem.

One more update, I installed ninan and am having the same problems, I dont know how to log the errors in the program but I am getting zero download speed. There must be something that I am missing as far as a dependency that would allow me to connect to these servers. That is my only guess.

I really need to solve this problem because NewsLeecher on Wine sucks! And I really dont want to have to boot virtual box just to use newsgroups.

Thanks!