PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Network Magic Functionality....?

heitjer
April 9th, 2009, 02:29 AM
All,
I have been now more and more converted on Linux but there are still a few things that I miss. One is Network Magic for its nice visual interface of the networked computers. I tried Wine but it will not install under Wine. I am running a VirtualBox but I don't always like to start this just for Network Magic.

Do you guys have a suggestion for a substitute or a way to get this running in Wine?

While we are at it - is there a Linux equivalent for the former Norton Commander (DOS) or Total Commander (Win)? I have this one running in Wine but it only sees the file structure under Wine.

Taiwo
April 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I am also looking out for a network graphical monitoring system that is compatible to Jaunty. Thanks

anilmani
February 10th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Please add me to the list of people who is searching for an equivalent of Network magic for Ubuntu. :popcorn:

lykwydchykyn
February 10th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Do you guys have a suggestion for a substitute or a way to get this running in Wine?

What exactly does network magic do? I looked at the marketing blurb, but it's not very specific. What does it do for you that you want to do in Ubuntu?

While we are at it - is there a Linux equivalent for the former Norton Commander (DOS) or Total Commander (Win)? I have this one running in Wine but it only sees the file structure under Wine.
for command line, there's midnight commander -- pretty much a norton commander clone.

for the desktop, there's a program called gnome-commander that might answer. Under KDE there's Krusader, and the default file manager(Dolphin) can also do dual-pane file management.

I am also looking out for a network graphical monitoring system that is compatible to Jaunty. Thanks

Have a look at etherape.