PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Frustrated with vmware workstation

duganator
April 9th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Okay so I am about to pull my hair out, seeing as I absolutely cannot install vmware workstation. At first it gave me the error about the vmmon module so I downloaded the any-any patch, and that still gave me errors. Does anyone know what the exact solution for this problem is?

Vinnie

satx
April 9th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Okay so I am about to pull my hair out, seeing as I absolutely cannot install vmware workstation. At first it gave me the error about the vmmon module so I downloaded the any-any patch, and that still gave me errors. Does anyone know what the exact solution for this problem is?

Vinnie

Vinnie, I use VMWARE server on my Ubuntu 8.04. I have a virtual XP partition so I can revert to Microslop only when necessary. Hev you tried the server version?

duganator
April 9th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Vinnie, I use VMWARE server on my Ubuntu 8.04. I have a virtual XP partition so I can revert to Microslop only when necessary. Hev you tried the server version?

I have server installed, but an icon never showed up for me to use it. When I go to the terminal and type vmware it directs me to a local ip with a user login screen. Do I just need to get a serial or login?

Vinnie