PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else finding the repositories slow this afternoon?

beastrace91
April 8th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I brought my newly formatted laptop into work today to hook into the network so I could redownload all my apps/updates on the line that gets 2megs/second but the repositories have been terribly slow all afternoon for me... All other downloads are getting my normal speed other than the repositories... anyone else experience this slowness or is it just me?

~Jeff

swoll1980
April 8th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I brought my newly formatted laptop into work today to hook into the network so I could redownload all my apps/updates on the line that gets 2megs/second but the repositories have been terribly slow all afternoon for me... All other downloads are getting my normal speed other than the repositories... anyone else experience this slowness or is it just me?

~Jeff

I don't use the default server. I use the MIT server, so mine is fine. You can go to software sources, switch to other, then choose your own server that should help you out. The default is the most likely to get bogged down since most users are using it. There's one in Indiana that would be best for you I think.

speedwell68
April 9th, 2009, 12:11 AM

~Jeff

Yes, I was upgrading my Netbook to new Jaunty release of UNR whilst I was at work. I made all my changes in Synaptic and just let it run whilst I got on with my actual job.:D I had about 300mb of packages to download and it took nearly two hours. Seems to be back up to speed now though.