PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Kernel Update broke sleep?

SweetBrains
April 8th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Two days ago I downloaded and installed the kernel updates (2.6.27-7 to 2.6.27-11 I think) and an upgrade to my proprietary video card driver, and one of the two seems to have broken my system's sleep.

I have an HP Pavilion dv2700, came with vista but I just recently switched to intrepid.

Haven't had any problems until now, any ideas? glad to provide any extra information.

Edit: duh. Forgot to explain
The system does go to sleep, but if I wake it up (from opening the lid or pressing the power button, same result) the system's lights all come on but the screen stays blank.

Edit again: It was the nvidia driver, oops. solved.

nstolar
April 12th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Two days ago I downloaded and installed the kernel updates (2.6.27-7 to 2.6.27-11 I think) and an upgrade to my proprietary video card driver, and one of the two seems to have broken my system's sleep.

I have an HP Pavilion dv2700, came with vista but I just recently switched to intrepid.

Haven't had any problems until now, any ideas? glad to provide any extra information.

Edit: duh. Forgot to explain
The system does go to sleep, but if I wake it up (from opening the lid or pressing the power button, same result) the system's lights all come on but the screen stays blank.

Edit again: It was the nvidia driver, oops. solved.

Kewl I am using the same HP, and the driver is Nvidia Driver 96, three days later sleep........ yes :lolflag: