PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] What happened to themes.org?

rick71
April 8th, 2009, 08:35 PM
WHat has happened to themes.org? It looks like the site has been completely redesigned. You used to be bale to easily search for themes based on window manager or desktop environment, but that no longer seems to be the case. Can anyone tell me how to search themes.org by wm/de?

Thanks.

roblubbers
April 14th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Honestly, why do you think that on ubuntuforums we have the answer to that question? I think you should be contacting someone from themes.org........

rick71
April 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Honestly, why do you think that on ubuntuforums we have the answer to that question?

Gee, I thought users of the most popular Linux distribution in the world might be using some theme other than the standard brown...

... maybe not.

I seems my question has bothered you. I'm sorry.

Niniel
April 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Only be sorry that you allowed his reply bother you.

As for the site, that looks pretty awful.
I tried clicking on Projects by Tag (top menu bar) and then Desktop Environment or Theme. Then on the right you'll find a whole bunch of links/shortcuts, including GTK 1.x/2.x Themes. Clicking on those is likely to leave you disappointed though since there don't seem to be any themes.

A better site to search for themes might be http://gnome-look.org.

rick71
April 16th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks. I was used to going to themes.org for themes first, and then kde-look, or gnome-look. Ah, well.