PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation problems

bigbadsad
April 8th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Hello,

I am trying to install ubuntu on to a 2nd HDD. The HDD was formatted first and I downloaded and installed ubuntu through the wubi downloader.

When it asked me to reboot I done so, then chose ubuntu from the list. It started loading, shown the word ubuntu in the big letters it does with the orange loading bar then nothing happened. My monitor said No Input Signal. I have left it for a good few minutes to make sure it wasnt loading something in the back ground but nothing happened. Any one know the problem?

My PC specs are AMD Phenom 2 920, ATI HD 4850, 4GB RAM, one 320GB HDD with Vista Business installed and one 80GB HDD which I tried to instal linux on to. Ive got some DFI Lan party mobo. Cant remember the exact model off the top of my head. If you need to know I'll find out.

I tried to install ubuntu from a CD a while ago and remember getting the same result.

Thanks

bigbadsad
April 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Anyone?

oldos2er
April 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
It sounds like Ubuntu is trying to load a resolution that your monitor doesn't support. Try booting into recovery mode and running 'xfix'.

bigbadsad
April 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
My monitor is quite new and up to date. The res goes up to 1680 x 1050.