PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] desktop question

reppot
April 8th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Hello, I just assembled a new computer to give lynx a try. I installed Ubuntu and updated it. I have been using two displays on my Windows machines for some time now and would like to use two displays on the Lynx machine as well. Both displays are functioning but the second is mirroring the first. Is there a way to extend my desktop onto the second second display? I tried loading the Invidia driver but then only one display functioned and Ubuntu complained. Thanks Bob

bostonaholic
April 8th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Hello, I just assembled a new computer to give lynx a try. I installed Ubuntu and updated it. I have been using two displays on my Windows machines for some time now and would like to use two displays on the Lynx machine as well. Both displays are functioning but the second is mirroring the first. Is there a way to extend my desktop onto the second second display? I tried loading the Invidia driver but then only one display functioned and Ubuntu complained. Thanks Bob

linux, not lynx.

NVIDIA, not Invidia.

Simian Man
April 8th, 2009, 04:08 PM
linux, not lynx.

NVIDIA, not Invidia.

I was really confused because I thought he was talking about the Lynx web browser (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_(web_browser)) :).