PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 RC Delayed Till May!

kevpan815
April 8th, 2009, 02:50 PM
According 2 Neowin.Net, The MSFT Windows 7 RC Public Beta Has Been Delayed Till May 2009!

Joeb454
April 8th, 2009, 02:52 PM
It was always going to be May from what I knew

Johnsie
April 8th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Good. Hopefully that will give them some time to make it better.

kevpan815
April 8th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Neowin.Net Originally Predicted Both 02-28-2009 And 04-10-2009!

kamitsukai
April 8th, 2009, 03:02 PM
It was always going to be May from what I knew

That's what I thought as well...

bashveank
April 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
That's what I thought as well...

me three.

Ascenti0n
April 8th, 2009, 06:03 PM
That's because they MS is running out of ideas to make their OS seem different enogh from Vista, and it's waiting for Ubuntu 9.10 to come out, look it over to get some inspiration for Win7 before realse. ;)

gnomeuser
April 8th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Why do we care really, I mean Windows 7 will come out, it will get preloaded on OEM machines.

Linux' marketshare will continue to grow as well and it will expand into new areas. Take the Android platfrom, more and more new phones will be coming out with it and underneath is Linux. This whole MID wave that is scheduled soonish will also be Linux powered.

So what if we go another round of Windows keeping the majority of the desktop. We are winning everywhere else and the desktop is dying in favor of all these new exciting devices... where we already can see Linux doing well. Phones, MID, Netbooks, you name it.

In the meantime, I wish Microsoft good luck hitting their release. They are good competition and that has it's place as well.

Newuser1111
April 8th, 2009, 09:14 PM
According 2 Neowin.Net, The MSFT Windows 7 RC Public Beta Has Been Delayed Till May 2009!So?

Neowin.Net Originally Predicted Both 02-28-2009 And 04-10-2009! Neowin's just wrong then.

PurposeOfReason
April 8th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Better delayed than rushed. I'm indifferent to the news.

speedwell68
April 9th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I have to say I couldn't really care less. From what I have seen it is only Vista +1 anyway.:D

gnomeuser
April 9th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I have to say I couldn't really care less. From what I have seen it is only Vista +1 anyway.:D

I have to admit that Device Stage thing they have been working on is interesting. Provided they can convince hardware manifacturers to support the protocol this should greatly lessen the confusion and mayhem we have in the device handling world everywhere.

Even if I think it's done wrong (not integrated instead a standalone app), I find the idea interesting.

Also the new taskbar has some very neat ideas, I have been examining it and I have to admit I find it a very good mix between a window list and a dock.

While there is a lot in Win7 that is Vista with bugfixes they did also add some good work. There are things in there that impress me.

speedwell68
April 9th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I have to admit that Device Stage thing they have been working on is interesting. Provided they can convince hardware manifacturers to support the protocol this should greatly lessen the confusion and mayhem we have in the device handling world everywhere.

Even if I think it's done wrong (not integrated instead a standalone app), I find the idea interesting.

Also the new taskbar has some very neat ideas, I have been examining it and I have to admit I find it a very good mix between a window list and a dock.

While there is a lot in Win7 that is Vista with bugfixes they did also add some good work. There are things in there that impress me.

TBH I have only fiddled with it briefly and I wasn't very impressed. I just don't get on with Windows of any flavour these days. It is not that I am a Microsoft hater or anything, I just can't get my head round it anymore. When it ships properly I will take some time to play with it properly.

SomeGuyDude
April 9th, 2009, 01:13 AM
That's because they MS is running out of ideas to make their OS seem different enogh from Vista, and it's waiting for Ubuntu 9.10 to come out, look it over to get some inspiration for Win7 before realse. ;)

:rolleyes:

Good lord, guys, it's like you guys don't want MS to learn and improve its product for the benefit of users, you just see this sh*t like it's a sports game.

I hope Win7 turns out to be a milestone like 95 or XP, personally.

Giant Speck
April 9th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Yeah, I don't think it was ever not scheduled for release in May. I personally can't wait because the release candidate will be a public download.

I'm slightly more interested, though, in the upcoming second service pack for Vista, which is currently in release candidate stage. The only reason I'm slightly more interested in it rather than Windows 7 is because I already have a full, paid-for version of Vista Home Premium on my first partition, and I want to see what improvements will bring to Vista.

pwnst*r
April 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Good. Hopefully that will give them some time to make it better.

please divulge your knowledge and expand on this.

gnomeuser
April 9th, 2009, 12:22 PM
please divulge your knowledge and expand on this.

most likely just hopes that Microsoft will put out a good OS. Many users will depend on it, willingly or not, we should hope that they do good. Remembering that the better security is implemented e.g. the lower the risk for us all, fewer machine capable of being botnet members serves us all.

Aside that, even if you should happen to be a feverish Linux fanboy. Would you rather beat the top dog when he is doing his best or when he has the sniffles and a broken leg?

geoken
April 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
So basically Neowin predicted it would come out at a certain time; then, after the RC web page was accidentally posted, they claimed it will be 'delayed' rather than saying they were wrong?