PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] some silly themes questions

callie510
April 8th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Hey y'all,
I am trying to make my ubuntu look as pretty as I know it can, but this is a little more complicated than I thought. Help please?

1) Shiki-Colors - this is a really cool theme! But just installing the theme (dragging and dropping it into the themes window) and implementing it doesn't do everything that needs doing. I wish the Colorizeme script still existed.
I downloaded this GNOME colors icon thing, which Shiki Themes apparently needs to work. How do I install it?
And if anyone can walk me through all the steps towards making Shiki Themes look great, that would be nice.

2) Emerald - I turned it on so my window borders would look nice. Now they look weird with all the themes I am trying. Do I have to install Emerald themes separately and select them?

3) Where is the Emerald theme for Kin? I love the way Kin looks but my window borders look so strange. Should I turn Emerald off?

4) How do I make all my applications look beautiful and dark like Shiki Colors (I think) makes them look? I'm tired of staring into a light bulb.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Yathi
April 8th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Almost the same questions i wanted to ask.. Someone reply plz.. I have been trying to find it out but no use. Some themes come with their emerald files but when i apply the theme the emerald theme does not get applied. I have to manually import the emerald theme and apply it using the emerald theme manager. Can't we set it so that the emerald theme also gets applied if it is present with the theme.????

phaze_1
April 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Alright to hit two birds with one stone for any type of emerald theme YES you have to import the actual theme to the manager 98% of the time. Yes I know kind of sucks but that's the way it is. Callie for the shiki you want to unpackage all the items and not just the selected in the archive manager and unpackage theme in the .emerald folder. If you want the full shabang of shiki colors in my experience you have to do a lot of the minor tweaks and some configuration your self. If shiki comes with all the settings then when you load it in .emerald and run it, it should take over. I hoped this helped out a little bit tell me what you think

Yathi
April 8th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah.. thanks for the reply.. So turns out i have to configure emerald also everytime i change theme.. hopefully they will get a solution for this soon...