PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Struggling with limited space

Lord.Quackstar
April 7th, 2009, 11:27 PM
I'm testing out ubuntu from being a windows user too long, and am getting lost in how it works. Currently, its installed on a 10GB FAT32 partition of my portable hd with the tools from pendrivelinux.com

First is the casper-rw file. I know its a filesystem file, because ubuntu for some reason can't run and save to the same drive its on, but somehow i got it full, even after upgrading to 4GB. (Openoffice and some installers were complaining that their wasn't enough space left)

1) Is their a way to make casper-rw bigger without deleting it and starting over?
2) Can i just drag and drop (i can see hidden and system files) all the files in the root drive from windows into a new future partition and still have it work?
3) Since i don't really care about the root files anyway, whats a good filesystem (doesn't have to be readable by windows) that i could make that doesn't have a size limit allowing for huge casper-rw files?

thanks

April 8th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Try this link, says that it is a tutorial on how to make the casper-rw drive bigger.

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/how-to-create-a-larger-casper-rw-loop-file/