PDA

View Full Version : Good Wireless Dongle for Intrepid/Jaunty?

JerecDrak2
April 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Hi Guys,

I recently installed Intrepid on my sister's computer and the only problem we've had is that her wireless dongle keeps dropping the wireless signal. This was never an issue in Windows XP, so I'm assuming that particular dongle has a lousy Linux driver. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a particular dongle that they know works very well in Intrepid/Jaunty? I have Googled it but I prefer personal recommendations:popcorn:

Thanks.

artir
April 7th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I would recommend you the 3com adaptor with the code 3CRUSB10075
(I know it by heart coz in Dapper and Edgy I had to recompile the drivers, the WPA system and I googled a lot)

In Hardy, Intrepid and Jaunty it works 100% perfectly, supporting WPA2,WPA, WEP...
It works with the zd1211 (native) driver

speedwell68
April 7th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Hi Guys,

I recently installed Intrepid on my sister's computer and the only problem we've had is that her wireless dongle keeps dropping the wireless signal. This was never an issue in Windows XP, so I'm assuming that particular dongle has a lousy Linux driver. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a particular dongle that they know works very well in Intrepid/Jaunty? I have Googled it but I prefer personal recommendations:popcorn:

Thanks.

I have recently bought a Linksys WUSB54GC dongle and it works out of the box in Intrepid. Just plug it in and reboot. It cost me £24 from PC World, I don't normally buy from PC World, but I needed it quick, the Mrs was giving me grief about the ethernet cable running across the hall.:D

JerecDrak2
April 8th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks guys, I'll look those two up. This BT Voyager Wireless Dongle is a nightmare!