PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cannot seem to get keyboard to function properly

malahavock
April 7th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get my extra keys to function properly. I have a logictech Ex 110. I have gone through the keytouch process I even made my own ex 110 keyboard layout. but it doesn't work. my help key launches word my f2 key logs me out of my system. I have no idea why it would do that. and I am kinda at a loss now after trying keytouch 10 times to make sure I had applied everything correctly which I think I did but apparently something is not right.

ubuntu 8.10 x64

thanks!!

I was worng it isn't my f2 it's the f3 which is supposed to open the office spreadsheet. that logs me out.

malahavock
April 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know how do disable the F3 function from the keymap? maybe am I on the right path? Does anyone know?

OK I have figured out that I am not being logged out per se it is running my screensaver. so Now I can't find anywhere to tell it to stop. screensaver settings has nothing about a hotkey for the screensaver I REALLY need this to go away. Any one with any ideas out there????

Penguin Guy
April 14th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Setting Your Keyboard Model Correctly
Goto: System -> Preferences -> Keyboard
Click on the 'Layout' tab
Now set your keyboard model to whatever model it actually is.

Resetting Your Keyboard Shortcuts

useradd temp
It should ask you for a password: Type a random one in.

sudo cp -R /home/temp/.gconf/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard
It should ask you for a password: Type your password in.

sudo userdel -r temp

Good luck!