PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite Screenlet?

rick08
April 7th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I was just curious as to what everybody's favorite screenlet(s) are. I currently use the HAL9000 and the system monitor screenlet.

Johnsie
April 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I'm using the clock, the date and the news feed screenlet

wildman4god
April 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM
weather screenlet.

linux_lover69
April 7th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I like the news and weather screenlet.

carl_pr
April 7th, 2009, 04:24 PM
im currently using system monitor plus, it says all the info and looks sweet.

rolnics
April 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I like System monitor as I don't seem to get the hand of conky! I also like the PIdgin and net monitor

konqueror7
April 7th, 2009, 04:32 PM
currently using ring sensors and clock...

heartwarmer
April 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM
widescapeweather screenlet and off course pidgin screenlet (with my modified theme) :D

Odd_sam
April 7th, 2009, 04:40 PM
The ones I actually pay attention to are the ring clock, weather and calender screenlets.

Freddy
April 7th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I only use the 'Pidgin' screenlet together with the 'BlackSmall' theme. Sometimes I also use 'NowPlaying'

Tristam Green
April 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I only use the 'Pidgin' screenlet together with the 'BlackSmall' theme. Sometimes I also use 'NowPlaying'

That is the only screenlet i have open 100% when I have screenlets on.

My other favorites are ClearWeather and RingSensors.

Bart_D
April 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I was just curious as to what everybody's favorite screenlet(s) are...

None. They look ugly and chew up my RAM, which I have previous little of. Damn them!!!

infoseeker
April 7th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure whether KDE4 in included here, but I hope their (weather) widgets get fixed up sometime. See example.

swoll1980
April 7th, 2009, 10:15 PM
The Internet browser widgit on KDE 4. Where's that irony mark when you need it?

namegame
April 7th, 2009, 10:19 PM
None. They look ugly and chew up my RAM, which I have previous little of. Damn them!!!

I have 4 GB of RAM and I hate them as well, for the same reasons. :P

Jpardue
April 7th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I still find the basic trash can a super awesome screenlet to keep on my desktop, makes deleting files much easier.

pemur1
April 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I tried using system monitor plus, but it would never stay in the position that I wanted when restarting. I would always put it on the right side of my screen, but it would shift to the left. I tried locking the position and stick to desktop, but it wouldn't stay. I gave up and switched to watermark.

I'm also one of those conky illiterate individuals.

adroitster
May 9th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I am using system monitor plus and slide show. System monitor seems like the better version of conky since in conky you cannot click on the rss to read the full story (as far as I know about conky) It almost completes all my requirements of a desklet .

But there is a serious issue with it (v 0.8.2) . I have to manually login on my cyberoam client (since am using 64 bit edition for which the crclient binaries are not available). Now the problem is if I don't login on the internet the systemmonitor plus will not be displayed (even though screenlet manager shows that it is running) untill I login on the internet and restart the screenlet!!:confused:

please tell me if there is any workaround for this exceptional behaviour?

because this is the only screenlet which solve all my needs!!!

adroitster
May 9th, 2009, 08:06 AM
I am using system monitor plus and slide show. System monitor seems like the better version of conky since in conky you cannot click on the rss to read the full story (as far as I know about conky) It almost completes all my requirements of a desklet .

But there is a serious issue with it (v 0.8.2) . I have to manually login on my cyberoam client (since am using 64 bit edition for which the crclient binaries are not available). Now the problem is if I don't login on the internet the systemmonitor plus will not be displayed (even though screenlet manager shows that it is running) untill I login on the internet and restart the screenlet!!:confused:

please tell me if there is any workaround for this exceptional behaviour?

because this is the only screenlet which solve all my needs!!!

Hey I just now solved the problem!! But not with the screenlet. I found the 64 bit version for cyberoam client. saved it in /bin folder. executed it for the first time and configured it for autologin. Made a small script to execute it with the required parameters and saved it in the /bin folder. Now in the startup application setting added this script as a startup application.

This solved 2 of my problems !!! internet login and the systemmonitor plus screenlet now show up!! :guitar::KS

crazybuntu
May 31st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Lyrics screenlet , syncs and scrolls with the songs pretty neat

Google widgets (youtube), never run out of widgets now !

Sidebar keeps the widgets in place

Notes , to write important reminders

Calculator , cuz it looks nice just like the one in mac :D

SomeGuyDude
May 31st, 2009, 03:59 PM
I admit, the Pidgin screenlet is BEAUTIFUL.

don_quixote
May 31st, 2009, 07:04 PM
These things always seem to break on me in some way or another, and they're absolute resource hogs, so I don't use them.

ctrlmd
May 31st, 2009, 07:46 PM
NowPlaying

durand
May 31st, 2009, 07:52 PM
The only screenlet I use is Impulse.

Viva
June 1st, 2009, 01:23 AM
Clock, widescape weather, Now playing, clear Calendar, Folderview

Seishuku
June 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
I like the photo frame the best, and I used to use the note as a to-do list, but I downloaded Rainlendar2 and got rid of that.

Really, with conky and rainlendar2 I'm only using the picture frame these days.

Greenwidth
June 1st, 2009, 11:46 AM
The only screenlet I use is Impulse.

+1 Impulse