PDA

View Full Version : PHP IDE with project-wide find&replace

Eeve
April 7th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Hi All,

I'm a Windows user that is working on migrating over to Ubuntu, the install went smooth and now I'm trying to find a replacement for my development tools. I have been using Dreamweaver as a code editor (not WYSIWYG!) and I just love it.

The main features I need are project management- being able to organize projects/sites from within the IDE, and being able to do a site-wide (or folder-wide) search or search & replace.

I'm currently trying BlueFish which I do like, but as far as I can tell it only does a find on the files you have open. I'm not going to open every file in my project in order to search through it. Am I missing something or does BlueFish not support this? Seems like a requirement in an IDE for me...

My next choice was to try Quanta Plus... does anyone have experience with this?

I'm looking for something free (no sense buying a license if I might not like it or even stay with my current set-up) that can handle PHP, XHTML, CSS and Javascript files with a good site-wide search/search&replace and project management.

(Note - I have tried Eclipse but it was a bit overkill and the search/replace was not really what i'm looking for).

Suggestions and opinions are welcome. Thanks so much!

~Eeve (Brand New Linux User)

gmclachl
April 7th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Not much help just now as it is only in Jaunty and still not stable but KDevelop4 has PHP support.

There is also a couple of PHP plugins for Eclipse, and a Eclipse spin off whose name escapes me just now.

*Edit*
It's called Aptana http://www.aptana.com/

George

s.fox
April 7th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Hello and welcome to Ubuntu.

I am glad your change over went well. I have experience with quanta ++ and have had no troubles with it at all. To me it seems a robust piece of software. I would definitely recommend it.

If you have any questions regarding features of quanta++ please ask me and I would be very happy to help.

-Ash R

Eeve
April 7th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Thank you! Can you tell me if Quanta will do find / find&replace across all files in a project or folder?

s.fox
April 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Hi,

Yes it can.

Edit -> Find In Files

It can do the replace here aswell. Hope this has been useful.

-Ash R