PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] how to copy content of primary to clipboard

schmendrick
April 7th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Hi!

Is there a way to copy the contents of primary to clipboard without installing alternate (and then longer customizing/configuring) window managers?
I searched the net for quite some time but did not find any nice way how to do this. I am using Hardy by the way.

Ideally I would like to have a (configurable) shortcut to copy primary to the clipboard on demand....

can anybody give me a hint?

regala
April 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Hi!

Is there a way to copy the contents of primary to clipboard without installing alternate (and then longer customizing/configuring) window managers?
I searched the net for quite some time but did not find any nice way how to do this. I am using Hardy by the way.

Ideally I would like to have a (configurable) shortcut to copy primary to the clipboard on demand....

can anybody give me a hint?

what is that you want to copy ?

schmendrick
April 14th, 2009, 02:09 PM
hi regala,

thanks for the interest!

miscellanious things:

but most of the time it comes down to this:
i mostly miss it when i need to use primary: when i have the console open and mark some text.
i then more or less accidently mark some other text before being able to paste the code into my editor (or another console window/ whereever).

so i would like to be able to immediatly get the primary (the console marked stuff) into my clipboard so i do not have to fear that i loose it when i mark some other stuff

adamlau
April 14th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Parcellite.

schmendrick
April 16th, 2009, 09:21 AM
neither parcellite nor glipper offer me what i need.

using parcellite i only can SYNC primary and normal clipboard. which means every time some text is marked, my clipboard will get lost. (i wonder who would want that as a feature anyway). what i need is to copy primary to clipboard on demand.

either those programs dont offer this, or i am not bright enough to find that option.

any other suggestion?