PDA

View Full Version : [kde] How do I disable plasma?

csc2ya
April 7th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I recently switched to using KDE4 on Ubuntu (I've been using ubuntu since june last year though, so I wouldn't call myself a new user). However, one thing i've found that I don't like, is plasma (or to be more specific, the widgets).

It just doesn't feel natural to single click rather than double click, and I end up opening about 3 terminal windows, rather than one, just because i'm so used to double clicking.

I was using Gnome prior to yesterday, but switched to KDE due to gnome running too slow.

I like KDE after using it for a day (i've also used it briefly in the past as well to see what it was like), but what I don't like, is not having full control over my desktop (I may still have full control over it, but with plasma running, it doesn't feel like it).

Can anyone tell me how to disable plasma or the desktop widgets in kde4?

snova
April 7th, 2009, 10:57 PM
It just doesn't feel natural to single click rather than double click, and I end up opening about 3 terminal windows, rather than one, just because i'm so used to double clicking.

System Settings -> Keyboard & Mouse, down by the bottom is a way to change that behavior.

I like KDE after using it for a day (i've also used it briefly in the past as well to see what it was like), but what I don't like, is not having full control over my desktop (I may still have full control over it, but with plasma running, it doesn't feel like it).

Can anyone tell me how to disable plasma or the desktop widgets in kde4?

If there is a way to disable it, I don't know what it is, but it's probably not very obvious for a reason- Plasma is the entire desktop, so disabling it would make it practically impossible to do anything.

Also, desktop widgets are no longer in their own class, what you would put on the panel is the same as what you would put anywhere else.

csc2ya
April 8th, 2009, 12:22 AM
System Settings -> Keyboard & Mouse, down by the bottom is a way to change that behavior.

Thanks, but for whatever reason that hasn't had any effect on my system. I've changed it to double click, and clicking on an icon once still opens the corresponding program, document, or whatever the icon is set to open:confused: