PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] my screen

sbsajp
April 6th, 2009, 07:00 PM
When I opened my computer on Friday, my desktop was "supersized" and way too big for the screen. On Saturday when I opened it, everything was normal. On Sunday everything was supersized again, and it is today too. My husband searched and searched for how to fix it, but found no solution. Can anyone help?

LowSky
April 6th, 2009, 07:43 PM
opened your computer? I assume its a Laptop?

On the key board you will have a set of keys that are usually blue and on the bottom near CTRL there is a button label FN (usually in Blue too) hold FN and pressthe key that looks like a box or a computer screen, you might have to press them more than once to get the desired effect.

Also leaving you computer on all the time is a waste of energy, save your wallet some green.

t0p
April 6th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Your display changes size because screen resolution is changing between boots. When the display is large, your screen resolution has reduced.

But I don't know why this is happening.

sbsajp
April 7th, 2009, 03:15 AM
My computer is not a laptop. Sorry for using the wrong word--I should have said "booted up" instead of "opened." I can't find the function and screen keys. As for screen resolution, how can I change that? Is that a problem with the hardware (I recently got a new flat screen)? Thanks for your responses.