PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Application menu

Suncoaster
April 6th, 2009, 04:56 AM
I have lost the use of the Application menu. When I click on it nothing happens other than it being highlighted. Also when I right-click and select edit menus nothing happens. I can still launch appropriate applications from the file browser. What do I need to do to get my Application Menu to work correctly. Thanks for any help.

Hospadar
April 6th, 2009, 05:14 AM
What if you try removing and re-adding it to the panel?

How about trying the other type of menu (when you right-click a panel, Add to Panel, Main Menu) and see if you can get at stuff from there.

iiiears
April 6th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Have you adjusted compiz transparency for panels?
Could they be too transparent?
You can test this idea by clicking where a program item would normally appear in the drop down menu.

Suncoaster
April 6th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the quick replies, unfortunately neither helped. I have noticed something I missed earlier, when I click on Applications the menu item is highlighted and a small (1/16" diameter) square appears on the bottom left of the Application menu. I checked for transparency and I also installed a new main menu item on the panel and the Application menu item performed exactly the same as the original. The Places and System menu items work correctly. Can anybody suggest anything else I can try. I am using 8.10