PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Symptoms

steveneddy
April 6th, 2009, 03:27 AM
I have spent the last 23 days in a remote class with no internet connection at all. Outside of my Blackberry I didn't ever go onto the internet except to check the news, and that was on the 'berry.

I finally arrive home, fire up the laptop, open Ubuntu Forums......

and I find myself not so interested anymore.

I really can't explain it, but I ...... I don't want to say that I don"t care, but maybe my priorities have been realigned.

We are totally an Ubuntu family, but after the realization that it is so reliable and stable, maybe I don't need the forums as much as I at first thought.

I guess I'll still lurk around a little, but I suppose that this is the end for me as far as large post weekends and trying to help as many as I could.

There are many others that can help here more than I can. It's been real fun these last few years and I've learned a lot.

Thanks for all the fish.

happysmileman
April 6th, 2009, 03:30 AM
I went like a week without internet (except like half an hour in school twice, 6 days apart) and just got it back a few days ago.

After that i got internet back, checked RSS and a couple of sites, then found myself thinking "What now? Is this all I do? Why does it usually take me so long?" :P. It was kind of odd, since I'd never realised before how much of my time was spent doing so little.

Of course I live in the middle of nowhere so I'm basically getting back into the old habits anyway.

bsharp
April 6th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Same here. I just wish that I could have hit 1000+ posts first.

Not saying I won't check every now and then, I just won't be posting as much (as if anyone would notice with 800,000 members :roll:)

JoshuaRL
April 6th, 2009, 04:37 AM
I agree, a bit. I went a month without internet, and since then my online presence has been a lot less. And typically I go after things that directly affect me, like how to fix problems I have or things I want to learn about. But I've noticed that as time has gone on, I'm getting pulled back into helping others more. I guess I just need to give something back for my OS and this is better in my mind than a check. I don't know, thats just me.

But I hope everything goes well Steve.