PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Icon used in gaming servers

Skipnaz
April 6th, 2009, 03:26 AM
I was using a small Ubuntu icon next to my name in a game for the first time when a message came up saying "reported to server admins for a discriminatory name". I did a lot of searches in the forum before I did this and only could find how to make it and couldn't find anything in text what was allowed, copyright stuff if you will. I did a search for Ubuntu copyright and nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what is right. It also appears in my gaming stats. I don't want to raise any waves to anyone, I will remove it. In my stats I give links back to Ubuntu and other open source apps. With the server admin in the game reporting it what should I do? I read where you can create it but I'm unsure if I can use it as a small icon to the left of my gaming name in a server?
Thanks in advance

kostkon
April 6th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Yes, the Ubuntu logo is a registered trademark of Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu.

For more info check here (http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy).

For example, quoting this from the above page:

Canonical owns a number of trademarks and these include UBUNTU, KUBUNTU, EDUBUNTU, and XUBUNTU. The trademarks are registered in both word and logo form.