PDA

View Full Version : [other] Ubuntu Netbook Remix Problem

perpetualcacophany
April 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Hello,
So, I just tried installing Ubuntu Netbook Remix on my Macbook 4.1 running 9.04 beta to see if I liked the interface. I have tried what I wanted on it, but now I can not get it off. I tried to remove the package, but I realized that it is just a link for multiple packages.
I found another forum post that gave specific packages to remove. My problem now though, is that my desktop does not load correctly. My panels don't show up and my key combinations to bring up the terminal don't work. Conky still loads though, which I found odd. Right now I'm using links from tty2 to post this as I can't open firefox (alt-f2 program launcher isn't working either).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: I just checked and Gnome-DO still works so I can use it as an app launcher.

cyberdork33
April 6th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Hello,
So, I just tried installing Ubuntu Netbook Remix on my Macbook 4.1 running 9.04 beta to see if I liked the interface. I have tried what I wanted on it, but now I can not get it off. I tried to remove the package, but I realized that it is just a link for multiple packages.
I found another forum post that gave specific packages to remove. My problem now though, is that my desktop does not load correctly. My panels don't show up and my key combinations to bring up the terminal don't work. Conky still loads though, which I found odd. Right now I'm using links from tty2 to post this as I can't open firefox (alt-f2 program launcher isn't working either).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: I just checked and Gnome-DO still works so I can use it as an app launcher.
You will need to reinstall Ubuntu. I think that is the easiest method. Of course, that assumes that you want ubuntu on your machine at all.

perpetualcacophany
April 6th, 2009, 08:31 PM
You will need to reinstall Ubuntu. I think that is the easiest method. Of course, that assumes that you want ubuntu on your machine at all.

That's exactly what I decided to do as well. It's ok though, it gave me an excuse to install 64-bit and use ext4.

jaredvolb0
January 17th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Hello,So, I just tried installing Ubuntu Netbook Remix on my Macbook 4.1 running 9.04 beta to see if I liked the interface. I have tried what I wanted on it, but now I can not get it off. I tried to remove the package, but I realized that it is just a link for multiple packages. I found another forum post that gave specific packages to remove. My problem now though, is that my desktop does not load correctly. My panels don't show up and my key combinations to bring up the terminal don't work. Conky still loads though, which I found odd. Right now I'm using links from tty2 to post this as I can't open firefox (alt-f2 program (http://www.conversion-guides.com/windows-movie-maker-conversion-guide/windows-movie-maker-to-divx-avi-guide.html) launcher isn't working either).Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.EDIT: I just checked and Gnome-DO still works so I can use it as an app launcher.It's helpful to me, Many thanks to your description!