PDA

View Full Version : www.niyacn.com - Anyone fall for this scam?

kevdog
April 5th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Just trying to get info on this threat: niyacn.com. It seems there is a rouge email being passed about. If one opens the link to the above and if using a hotmail or yahoo.com email address. An email is sent unknowingly to all recipients in the contact list and then the contact list is deleted. I suspect this is a MS Windows vulnerability however there is little information out there to confirm or deny this suspicion.

Can anyone provide some details?

lisati
April 5th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I rarely follow links in emails from people I don't know unless it's obvious that there's some connection with stuff I've been doing.
Sometimes it's obvious that caution is advised (e.g. when the link is to an .exe file) but this one isn't so obvious.

kevdog
April 5th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Here is a copy of the original email:

Subject: Secure shopping !

Hello!How are you recently?
I would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.Now the company is under sales promotion,all the products are sold nearly at its cost.They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products of good quality,and what is more,the price is a surprising happiness to you!It is realy a good chance for shopping.just grasp the opportunity,Now or never!The web address: niyacn.com