PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I cannot install vmware on ubuntu

ongun.kanat
April 5th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I've a problem with vmware.
Yesterday I downloaded .rpm package and converted to .deb package.
I've installed vmware my machine and installed windows xp vm.but it's crashed and i save my machine with fsck.After repair when my machine booted vmware wasn't installed.

I tried install it again.But dpkg warned me it has already installed.
I clicked Reinstall button and it was reinstalled.But only vmware player was installed.I remove the package and tried again.But it showed a crazy message to me:"Uninstall Success" when i was installing it

so what can i do??

bertolo
April 6th, 2009, 01:42 AM
try virtual box. for me is the nš1 in virtualization. gl

cosine352
April 6th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Virtualbox +1

jimreynold2nd
April 6th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Well, VMware is still a better user experience IMHO (I know... it's not open sourced, it endangers your freedom... whatever... but it still has better codes - for now...).

So to the original poster, you don't have to download the RPM package (and take the hassle of having to convert it to DEB).
For the current state of your machine, uninstall that package you installed first.
Then just download the .bundle executable and run it. It installs perfectly fine in all of the distros I tried.

ongun.kanat
April 15th, 2009, 07:42 PM
thanks ur replies.today i solved the problem.there's a lot of rubbish on the my computer which vmware is installed i removed all and i reinstalled it. it works well now.

satx
April 26th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I upgraded to 9.04, recompiled VMWARE- but am having some network issues- you OK with your network connections?