PDA

View Full Version : TorrentBox attack site?

JECHO
April 5th, 2009, 04:38 AM
I use torrentbox.com quite often and have never had a problem until just now...

I visited the site and as soon as it loaded, I got a warning message saying that TorrentBox.com is an "Attack Site". I had the option to choose "Get me out of here" and I dont remember what the other option was. at the bottom of the notification there was a small link that said "Ignore this warning" ... which is what i clicked. Once I clicked it firefox went to full screen and began running a "Virus Scan" (inside of the browser)... The interface looked like windows XP with the blue borders and everything (this was INSIDE of my browser).

Not sure what was going on... I dont think anything happened to my machine considering that I am on Ubuntu :) but has anyone else had this problem?

cdekter
April 5th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Definitely a fake. Might have been some kind of CSS attack. Not getting anything like that when I visit the site now.

wolfyking2
April 5th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Same thing happened to me! I went on that sight, knowing that error was for windows (trust me, I know windows viruses when I see em :D) I clicked the ignore option, and it looked like the windows xp interface scanning my computer. Lol, a windows computer scanning a linux box :)
^
firefawks browser

tjwoosta
April 5th, 2009, 07:05 PM
if i were you id clear my cookies after that

Eclipse.
April 5th, 2009, 07:43 PM
if i were you id clear my cookies after that