PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Jackalope beta live cd - symbols folder missing?

MoeNeigh
April 4th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I am considering switching from kde to gnome -- kubuntu to ubuntu -- and I'm currently in the process of testing a few things, and learning the gnome equivalents of some kde applications.

Currently, I am checking to see whether I can retain my customized keyboards that I have developed.

One method is to store those keyboards in:

/etc/X11/xkb/symbols

I don't see the final "symbols" folder on the live Jackalope CD. Can anyone tell me, who may have installed 9.04 or even 8.10, whether you see a "symbols" folder in the latest version(s) of Ubuntu?

73ckn797
April 4th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I am considering switching from kde to gnome -- kubuntu to ubuntu -- and I'm currently in the process of testing a few things, and learning the gnome equivalents of some kde applications.

Currently, I am checking to see whether I can retain my customized keyboards that I have developed.

One method is to store those keyboards in:

/etc/X11/xkb/symbols

I don't see the final "symbols" folder on the live Jackalope CD. Can anyone tell me, who may have installed 9.04 or even 8.10, whether you see a "symbols" folder in the latest version(s) of Ubuntu?

I do not see the "symbols" folder in either 8.10 or 9.04 installed to my computer.