PDA

View Full Version : It's my one year Ubuntu-versary!

missbliss
April 4th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Dang, I didn't even realize I'd been in the know about Ubuntu for an entire year already! I didn't start using it alone until January of this year, though. And before that I had a dual boot, but mainly used XP.

So, I was surprised to notice that I had signed up for this forum a year ago. Huh.... Go Figure!

Cheers, everyone! I love my Ubuntu and see no need to pay $$$ for any other operating system. I love the philosphy of opensource and the extremely helpful community it creates!

Sealbhach
April 4th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Me too. Woo hoo!

JDorfler
April 4th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Congrats. What did you spend your one year doing? I spent mine installing 8.10 on a brand new PC back in the States for my family back in October. I plan on installing 9.10 on another new PC this October for my second year.

stimpack
April 4th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Grats, more and more new blood every year. :)

smartboyathome
April 4th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I've been using Linux for two years now. Amazing how it changed since Dapper. :)

Barrucadu
April 4th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I got bored of Ubuntu after a couple of months and switched to Arch :p

abyssius
April 4th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I got bored of Ubuntu after a couple of months and switched to Arch :p

It's probably very exciting being lightweight and simple

missbliss
April 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Oh, it's coming back to me now: I started with Hardy Heron but it kept freezing up. I ended up short wiring that Dell 2400 Desktop and got a used custom tower to replace it. I had kind of forgotten about Linux for a while there and then when I got this new laptop in December I jumped back in with 8.10 and never had any real problems besides one rather annoying GRUB problem.

I'm kind of tame when it comes to this stuff and now that I have Ubuntu set up I tend to just let it run smoothly.

:-)

Barrucadu
April 4th, 2009, 11:19 PM
It's probably very exciting being lightweight and simple

Very. As you found my post obnoxious, I'll apologise. It wasn't my intent to belittle the OPs choice, if it seemed that way.

speedwell68
April 5th, 2009, 01:05 AM
I have been using Ubuntu for about two and a half years now. I started with Edgy. I had never really used it, but one day I just decided to blow away XP. Never looked back.:D

rmayer32
April 5th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Started dual booting my laptop with Gutsy and said goodbye to Vista with Hardy.

I will never ever miss windows.