PDA

View Full Version : execute command lines in kdevelop program

lamhiuman
April 4th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I am a noobie to kdevelop. Does it provide a function that can run linux command lines and get back the echo from the terminal?

Thanks in advance.

gmclachl
April 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Don't know if it helps by you can add a terminal view.

George

lamhiuman
April 4th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Thx, George. I hope to hidden the command lines, so that the users cannot see my shell script.

Zugzwang
April 6th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Thx, George. I hope to hidden the command lines, so that the users cannot see my shell script.

If I see it correctly, your question has nothing to do with kdevelop (the integrated development environment) itself. So you want to write a program that executes some command and hides the output of the command from the user when running the program, right?

Which language are you using? If you use C or C++, have a look at the "popen" command and watch out for examples on the net. Also have a look at the stickies on "how to compile your first C or C++ program".

If you want to use a different programming language, please state this. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, please state what you don't understand and why you think that "kdevelop" is a suitable tool for your purpose.