PDA

View Full Version : FreeBSD: bunch of elitist brats?

Armor Nick
April 4th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Hey guys,

I know doing something like this isn't nice, and I'd prefer not to, but I just had a (pseudo-)hostile encounter.

I really wanted to try BSD, because it looks really stable and all that. However, I read that FreeBSD doesn't support the dell inspiron 1525. The pages I read that were quite old, so I decided to check out the freebsd channel on IRC. Guess what, nothing like the linux community.

I just asked whether or not the inspiron was supported by freebsd, and no less than THREE F***ING TIMES, I got the following straightforward answer: google. That was what I've been doing this entire time!

So there, I don't want to offend anyone using FreeBSD, but there's nothing like a little friendliness ;)

Note: this thread was just a rant, I really don't want to offend any BSD-users, I just don't like being snapped at

TheSlipstream
April 4th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Dude, who isn't? Basically Fedora up (in the unspoken ladder of difficulty) and everyone will hate you for being an Ubuntu user. I don't know what's wrong with the Linux/BSD community, but it's pure elitism in text form on the more advanced distros.

Yownanymous
April 4th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Ah, I do remember being slated by a couple of Slackware users in the past...

overdrank
April 4th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Since this was a rant and did happen on another forum (IRC) Nothing can be done here. Thread closed.