PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Pimp my Mouse?

sailthesea
April 4th, 2009, 02:06 AM
I'm wondering if there's a way to make the mouse pointer go off the edge of the desktop and reappear on the opposite one, like the spaceship in Asteroids did? The mouse I've got is a bit crummy and doesn't really like going left/down but I think it may be a useful feature in any case
Thanks!

SunnyRabbiera
April 4th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Would be neat, but I dont think we have anything like that.

sailthesea
April 4th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Haven't I just been pipped by you over in ABT?
Would be kinda cool though wouldn't it?:p

Giblet5
April 4th, 2009, 02:36 AM
You can easily write a tool to do it. C would be best, but you could do it in python almost as well.

It'll use a bit of CPU, but if you want it badly enough, you have everything you need right there, or an apt-get away.

That's where ALL of this came from.

SunnyRabbiera
April 4th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Would be kinda cool though wouldn't it?:p

I get around a lot :D

sailthesea
April 4th, 2009, 02:50 AM
You can easily write a tool to do it. C would be best, but you could do it in python almost as well.

It'll use a bit of CPU, but if you want it badly enough, you have everything you need right there, or an apt-get away.

That's where ALL of this came from.

Well.. That is a bit of reach for me I haven't tried coding anything for a LONG time I might try my luck in Programming Maybe its time to voyage forth again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailthesea View Post
Would be kinda cool though wouldn't it?
I get around a lot

Dontcha just;)

Cheers

sailthesea
April 4th, 2009, 03:13 AM
I found a couple of Windows apps that do it but is possible to wrapper these to work in gnome? I want to find a way to this now!

SunnyRabbiera
April 4th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I found a couple of Windows apps that do it but is possible to wrapper these to work in gnome? I want to find a way to this now!

Well this isnt windows, I really dont think there is something like this for Linux.
With the advent of virtual desktops and compiz I doubt it will come into play.

Giblet5
April 4th, 2009, 04:08 AM

Have you considered how confusing and aggravating it might be to have your mouse warp to the far side of the display just because you "bumped" the trigger zone accidentally?