PDA

View Full Version : what's with all the Compiz threads?

Ascenti0n
April 3rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
Yes, Compiz is cool, but come on, isn't there anything else more exciting in Linux? ;)

Simian Man
April 3rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
What's with all the threads criticizing all the compiz threads? Yeah saying people talk about compiz too much is fun, but there is a lot more to forums than just this.

hanzomon4
April 3rd, 2009, 11:31 PM
Yes, Compiz is cool, but come on, isn't there anything else more exciting in Linux? ;)

No

SunnyRabbiera
April 3rd, 2009, 11:31 PM
Well compiz is an eye catcher.

Ascenti0n
April 3rd, 2009, 11:32 PM
we never talk about train sets and stamp collecting anymore :D

Bungo Pony
April 3rd, 2009, 11:34 PM
Compiz is coool! :)

MikeTheC
April 3rd, 2009, 11:36 PM
No

+1

we never talk about train sets and stamp collecting anymore :D

Yeah, or which Transformers or versions of Voltron we collected as kids... Or what BBSs we used to call back in the day.

Ascenti0n
April 3rd, 2009, 11:39 PM
Hey Mike, Like the Tardis. I would have loved one of those as a kid. I think I had a Dalek though, and lights flashed.... cool, well it was back then. :)

swoll1980
April 3rd, 2009, 11:57 PM
+1

Yeah, or which Transformers or versions of Voltron we collected as kids... Or what BBSs we used to call back in the day.

I had every Voltron ever made. If there were a contest I would win.

gnomeuser
April 4th, 2009, 12:21 AM

It's sort of an ADD relationship with technology I suspect, small minds easily distracted by shiny stuff.

MikeTheC
April 4th, 2009, 03:22 AM
It's sort of an ADD relationship with technology I suspect, small minds easily distracted by shiny stuff.

What? What are you talking about? How dare you! Do you know how insul...

Oooh, pretty shiny desktop cube effect... *drool*

MikeTheC
April 4th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Hey Mike, Like the Tardis. I would have loved one of those as a kid. I think I had a Dalek though, and lights flashed.... cool, well it was back then. :)
I remember those! In fact, there was a Console Room set you could get and then add to-scale figures to it. I always wanted one of them, but just couldn't quite afford it. Now I've got a light- and sound effect-equipped 4 port TARDIS USB hub, and I love it. Price was reasonable, and it is one of the best USB hubs I've ever owned.

BTW, they were selling (dunno if it's still available) the an interior set, similar scale to what was mentioned above, for the *new* TARDIS. Now I could afford it, but that's rather a lot of money to spend on a toy, and I don't have anywhere good to display it. Darn it all!!! ;)

I had every Voltron ever made. If there were a contest I would win.
I still have my Five Lions Voltron, though it's missing a couple bits. But all the lions are mostly in-tact, still all work, and can be readily assembled. Now, let me ask you a question, since you're the first person I've bumped into who seems like you might know about such matters...

I know there is the "Five Lions" one and the 15 Vehicles one, both roughly to scale with each other, but it seems like there may have been different accessories sold (like, for instance, my Voltron didn't come with a blazing sword, but I think I've seen packages with them). What different types were there? Also, didn't they sell the lions and vehicles independently?