PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to delete games

kiridude
April 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
I want to delete all the pre-installed games that came with Ubuntu, but I am not sure what their names are. I already tried to delete with aptitude but the name was not recognized. Where can I find a list of all INSTALLED programs? I can only find all deb packages.

I know its a simple procedure, but just need a few details.

Thanks

hakvoort
April 3rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
to remove the pre-installed games:

terminal -> sudo apt-get remove gnome-games gnome-games-data

thatīs all :)

Pasdar
April 3rd, 2009, 10:09 PM
Click System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager

In the quick search field type "game", and click on the first column, to show all the installed games at the top. < there is your list, now Right click on each one and click Mark for removal and then click Apply.

kiridude
April 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Ok, thanks, got rid of the games, but does anyone know how I can get a list of ALL installed programs including those not in Synaptic? I would imagine they're all in a folder somewhere, just not sure which folder it is.

Ian Clark
January 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM
It's weird but in Karmic, the command "sudo apt-get remove gnome-games gnome-games-data" does not work. I ran it and got:

Package gnome-games is not installed, so not removed
Package gnome-games-data is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

After reboot, the games are still there. I guess I'll try the Synaptic method next. Weird.

Edit: In synaptic, I found the package name is "gnome-games-common" now, so the command should be:

sudo apt-get remove gnome-games-common

sgosnell
January 25th, 2010, 07:55 AM
dpkg --get-selections > ~/my-packages
will put the list of all installed packages into a file named my-packages in your home folder.