PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No matter what theme I'm using the color doesn't change.

missbliss
April 3rd, 2009, 06:49 PM
Not sure how I set the color to be a constant, but whenever I change my theme the colors stay blue. The fonts/graphics change but the colors don't change.

How do I undo this? :-(

missbliss
April 4th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Bump, just in case!

SunnyRabbiera
April 4th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Try this, right click your desktop and select "change desktop background"
go to the "theme" tab and click "customize"
go to the "colors" tab and see if hitting the "reset to defaults" button will work.

missbliss
April 4th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Sorry, should have mentioned I tried that, but it's greyed out. i.e Already thinks it's at the default settings. I have it on the Crux theme and where there should be purple there is still just blue. :-(

It changes the theme just not the color. ?? Hmmmm...

SunnyRabbiera
April 4th, 2009, 08:06 PM
That is odd...

missbliss
April 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM
:lol: Oh well, I should make some backup discs any way. Maybe I'll just do a re-install.

missbliss
April 7th, 2009, 01:53 PM
New clue: I get this error message when I right click > Change Desktop Background. I click "ok" and then it does go to the Appearance Preferences anyway.

Unable to start the settings manager 'gnome-settings-daemon'.
Without the GNOME settings manager running, some preferences may not take effect. This could indicate a problem with Bonobo, or a non-GNOME (e.g. KDE) settings manager may already be active and conflicting with the GNOME settings manager.

missbliss
April 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
One last time.