PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 Beta won't install from USB on Atom CPU

ve7mdl
April 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
Trying again:

I have an Intel motherboard with an Atom processor. The Bootable USB version of 9.04 Beta will not install. I get a Boot Error and that's it.

The USB was created from Ubuntu 8.10 with the "Create Bootable USB" utility on a 32-bit AMD system.

The Netbook-Remix version boots OK from the USB stick.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, ....Erik.

Nostalos
April 3rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
And the Error is?

Also, might try unetbootin. Have had more failures than successes with the Ubuntu USB Creator. http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

cariboo
April 3rd, 2009, 07:31 PM
I seem to get that problem when I try to create a bootable thumb drive from a cd-rom. IF I create it from an iso image it works with zero problems. I installed Intrepid on my atom powered media center using a thumb drive, I've got a slim cd/dvd drive for, but I have ordered the correct connector to install it yet.

Jim

ve7mdl
April 3rd, 2009, 10:59 PM
The error is "Boot Error". Not very informative, I know.

I created the USB from an ISO image downloaded March 31st as I recall.

dtoronto
April 3rd, 2009, 11:02 PM
I seem to remember trying this same thing with 8.04 and getting a similar error. I ended up mounting a CD drive and installing it that way. I was running an AMD 64 on that machine. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

ve7mdl
April 3rd, 2009, 11:49 PM
David,

Thanks for trying, anyway.

I may just have to open up the box and connect an external CD drive, sigh!

Cheers, ....Erik.

champkuo
April 8th, 2009, 11:41 AM
How to enlarge the home-rw's space that's made from the 9.04 Usb creator? It's only about 227 MB left,that's not enough for me.

Please help! Thanks a lot for any suggestion!