PDA

View Full Version : Linux isn't as good as Windows, and vice versa

Yownanymous
April 3rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
I've come to a point where I decided "Screw it, I'm just going to use Windows and Linux." Now I use both of these because of what they can and can't do with regards to each other. Both operating systems are good in their own respects. I like Windows because it's generally easier to do things (sorry, but it's the truth) and I like Linux because I don't really have to worry about viruses and you can do more with it. And this leads me to my point. To all trolls: There are no "advantages and disadvantages", it's just what the system does or doesn't do for you that you have to consider. It's all relative. Now I expect probably to get virtually lynched by trolls after posting this, but that would make it a bit ironic wouldn't it?

MarcusA
April 3rd, 2009, 05:45 PM
There are no "advantages and disadvantages", it's just what the system does or doesn't do for you that you have to consider

Isn't that the same thing? :p

ajgreeny
April 3rd, 2009, 05:46 PM
I couldn't agree more, though I have to say I think it is just as easy to do things on linux as it is to use windows, in my case easier, as I've nearly forgotten how to do a lot of things on windows, not having actually "used" it for about 18 months. I do still have it as a dual boot, but only have to use it when I need to use my very old parallel port scanner, not found by linux.

Enjoy the choice!

Yownanymous
April 3rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Isn't that the same thing? :p

No, I am suggesting that the choice is relative to the person, whereas advantages and disadvantages are a set standard for everyone.

missbliss
April 3rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Can you give some examples of what's easier to do in Windows? I'm a casual user (openoffice word, torrents, converting video and music files, burning dvd and cd's) and once I got used to Ubuntu I see no evidence that Windows is easier for any of that.

Not trolling, just discussing! :-)

wolfen69
April 3rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
I like Windows because it's generally easier to do things (sorry, but it's the truth)

please speak for yourself. your "truth" is not universally accepted.

now that i am well versed in linux, i find it much easier. that's my "truth".

wrtpeeps
April 3rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
How many of these threads do we need?

abyssius
April 3rd, 2009, 05:58 PM
Now I expect probably to get virtually lynched by trolls after posting this, but that would make it a bit ironic wouldn't it?

You ought to consider giving people more credit for intelligence. Please read the posts on this forum. Numerous people on this forum acknowledge using Windows and Ubuntu. No-one attacks them for this. To think that operating system usage must be mutually exclusive is a rather narrow point of view, that very few people express here.