PDA

View Full Version : Application Ideas

jf03cg
April 3rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hello All,

A friend and I are looking at starting a new application that would be useful to the Linux community. We were wondering if there was an area that is lacking (from an application availability standpoint) in any Linux distribution (or even just ubuntu).

Whether it be an abandoned project you think was useful, or a new area that doesn't have any good, working solutions we'd be interested in.

Some ideas we have bounced around are related to XML development. Tools like Altova XMLSpy/MapForce (ie: Graphical creation of XSLTs and XSDs).

Any suggestions welcome. It may not turn into anything big, we're just looking for ideas right now.

Cheers

smartboyathome
April 3rd, 2009, 05:12 PM
Well, sorry for the promotion, but Maryan Linux could always use the help making their installer.

Another thing that I would use is a GTK frontend for Aria2.

wildman4god
April 3rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
I hear web development tools and multimedia editing is some what lacking, however as they are large projects I would recommend you and your friends finding a project to join and help out. You could also try and make a new game for Linux, one that would rock the socks off from everybody, perhaps a fighting game like soul caliber, as there is only one fighting game available for Linux that I am aware of and its not that good, and it doesn't have to be 3d, I have come across many a good 2d fighting game. or maybe a 3d platformed. I know these probably weren't what you had in mind but just trowing some ideas out, take 'em or leave 'em.

P.S. Two words: Combat Racing! :D

nowin4me
April 3rd, 2009, 11:47 PM
i hear web development tools and multimedia editing is some what lacking

+1