PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do you get Firefox to use Deluge to open bittorrent files?

twgray
April 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
In Ubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3.0.3, can anyone tell me how to get Firefox to associate Deluge with bittorrent files? In other words I want Firefox to at least offer to open a bittorrent file with Deluge when I click on it. Currently Firefox just downloads the file with no prompts. I have found 16 references to this issue in the forum but they apparently reference older versions of Firefox where Edit->Preferences->Content had a "Manage file types" option. The latest version of FF does not.

doas777
April 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
when you download the torrent, FF should ask if you want to open it (with an application) or save it. just select "Open:" and select Deluge. if it's not there, check Tools -> Options -> Applications

twgray
April 3rd, 2009, 07:00 PM
It doesn't ask. It just downloads. Also, where is Tools->Options->Applications? There is no Tools->Options in FF.

oldos2er
April 3rd, 2009, 07:26 PM
In Firefox menus, Edit, Preferences, Applications, under Content Type look for Bittorrent seed file, click on it once then click the drop-down menu on the right; choose your application.

doas777
April 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
It doesn't ask. It just downloads. Also, where is Tools->Options->Applications? There is no Tools->Options in FF.

sorry, I'm at work so i'm on a windows machine. last poster corrected me.

twgray
April 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Under Edit->Preferences->Applications there is no bittorrent related content type. Is there a way to add Application content type?