PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Annoying flicker in fullscreen-mode

nubbe
April 3rd, 2009, 12:44 PM
Why are apps in fullscreen-mode like firefox and evince making the screen flicker when changing active app? Is there a way to fix it? Will it be fixed in the future?
I have nvidia binary driver 177.82 and ubuntu 8.10 but this problem has been with me for several iterations of ubuntu.
Thanks to anyone who takes the time to give me a hint about this visual annoyance.

Nubbe

claymater
April 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Why are apps in fullscreen-mode like firefox and evince making the screen flicker when changing active app? Is there a way to fix it? Will it be fixed in the future?
I have nvidia binary driver 177.82 and ubuntu 8.10 but this problem has been with me for several iterations of ubuntu.
Thanks to anyone who takes the time to give me a hint about this visual annoyance.

Nubbe

I have the same kinda problem, it happens when I minimize and maximize too... (but I have a ATI card.)

maxim.
May 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Try typing the following in the terminal
gconftool-2 --set /apps/compiz/general/screen0/options/unredirect_fullscreen_windows --type bool

Worked for me!

Got it from this blogpost http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/09/03/fix-for-flickering-fullscreen-application-with-compiz/