PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Opening EXE files

hashan17
April 3rd, 2009, 12:11 PM
Hello friends,
Recently i have updated my Ubuntu 8.10 and now I can install any windows application in Ubuntu. (I mean exe files, they run just like in windows). But I don't want it to be like that. So Pls help me to recover my machine to its previous state without reinsalling..
Thank you guys...

Mason Whitaker
April 3rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
I don't understand...you don't want compatibility with Windows programs?
I can't understand why you wouldn't want that option :/

Gushter13
April 3rd, 2009, 12:26 PM
You definetly need WINE to open *.exe-s

Sef
April 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
What applications do you want to use?

cb951303
April 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM
uhm... uninstall wine maybe?

Mark Phelps
April 3rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Hello friends,
So Pls help me to recover my machine to its previous state without reinsalling..
Thank you guys...
Your post title says you want to run .EXE files (which you can only do if you have Wine or Crossover installed) but your text says you want to restore your machine to some previous state.

Regarding the second, there is no "System Restore" like in MS Windows. The only way to get back to the "initial state" (when you first installed Ubuntu), is to remove what you have and do a reinstall.

hashan17
April 23rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
Hey thanks guys... I have installed an application called Mono. Because of that my Ubuntu instalation allowed me to install application on it.. So I have figure it out.. Thank you guys for your help!!! :)

Gushter13
July 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM
uhm... uninstall wine maybe?

What?!

vinutux
July 17th, 2009, 08:24 PM
What?!

he think the problem is because of installed wine

Tibuda
July 17th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Hey thanks guys... I have installed an application called Mono. Because of that my Ubuntu instalation allowed me to install application on it.. So I have figure it out.. Thank you guys for your help!!! :)

Mono is used to run cross-platform .NET applications. This includes Tomboy and F-Spot, that are installed by default in Ubuntu. There's not wrong in your system, and you won't be able to install non-.NET windows applications.