PDA

View Full Version : "Following Bill Gates' Linux Attack Money"

lotusleaf
January 2nd, 2006, 05:02 PM
"Following Bill Gates' Linux Attack Money if you still wonder about who railroaded Peter Quinn" (http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/38971/index.html)

^ An article worth reading

Comments?

MetalMusicAddict
January 2nd, 2006, 05:22 PM
Im very scared about the way my country and our world is going. Something needs to be done. My kids cant grow up in a purely MS world.

You know what. This has clinched it for me. Im wipeing MS from my 3 other computers. I was going to wait till Dapper to switch my server but now I cant wait.

Deaf_Head
January 2nd, 2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah, well ... if you think microsoft is the only problem than you guys havne't been paying much attention than huh?

The entire world is fighting over the internet ... and more importantly control of information and how we are allowed to use it. This victory is small compared to some of the scary things on the horizon.

anil_robo
January 2nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Im very scared about the way my country and our world is going. Something needs to be done. My kids cant grow up in a purely MS world.

You know what. This has clinched it for me. Im wipeing MS from my 3 other computers. I was going to wait till Dapper to switch my server but now I cant wait.

Slavery should be condemned in all its forms - including electronic slavery. I am using M$ products only when there are no alternatives available. And that happens less than 5% of my computing time. Nothing is really free from the dirty games of politics, not even software!

Deaf_Head
January 2nd, 2006, 06:38 PM
Slavery should be condemned in all its forms - including electronic slavery. I am using M$ products only when there are no alternatives available. And that happens less than 5% of my computing time. Nothing is really free from the dirty games of politics, not even software!

It's said, via lobbiests .. every interest besides that of the people has a voice.

Adricsponge
January 2nd, 2006, 07:16 PM
Bah. It's just the golden rule that has been displayed thru history. Golden Rule = He who has the gold makes the rules.

I simply vote with my wallet...

anil_robo
January 2nd, 2006, 07:17 PM
It's said, via lobbiests .. every interest besides that of the people has a voice.
Laughable for how it's expressed, this statement is hard reality! Well said Deaf Head! =D>

WildTangent
January 2nd, 2006, 08:11 PM
It's not too late for you all to pack up and move to Canada :D Bill Gates has little reach here as far as I know...at least not like the firm grip he has on the American governments' balls.

-Wild

prizrak
January 2nd, 2006, 10:09 PM
I never understood why companies are even allowed to lobby. I thought lobbying was introduced as a way for special interest groups to be heard, which to me makes sense since it's impossible for politicians to be aware of every possible group out there. WTF do corporations have to be heard about? They already have alot of power through money and all they are supposed to do is provide goods/services that fit the customer needs and do so in a safe enough manner. We also want them to pay taxes and not break the law, I do believe that the environment is in place to allow for that.

MetalMusicAddict
January 2nd, 2006, 11:19 PM
It's not too late for you all to pack up and move to Canada :D Bill Gates has little reach here as far as I know...at least not like the firm grip he has on the American governments' balls.

-Wild
Belive be man I've thought about it. Then I think its just running. So Im gonna stay and fight. Just gotta figure out how. Maybe Ill run for public office. :)